Monday, September 27, 2010

NYFW Spring 2011: Cynthia Rowley

It was only day 3 of NYFW and I was running for it. The show was set to start at 11am, but Lincoln Center and Brooklyn just seem impossibly far apart. I had this overwhelming feeling that if I even stop for a minute I’m not going to make it. I thought 11am would be totally possible but after a long previous day, despite getting up before 9am on a Saturday, I am crunched for time. I even hop in a cab (which if you know me I almost never do) after taking 2 trains up as far as I could and I make a mad dash in my Camilla Skovgaard heels that are slowing me down. So why the heart attack and a half? After last Fall 2010’s Monster Girl and Resort’s effortless tough, I am anxiously awaiting what Spring 2011 will bring for Cynthia Rowley.

Cynthia Rowley (8)Cynthia Rowley (25)Cynthia Rowley (30)

This season the Cynthia Rowley girl is no longer so tough or dark but freshly scrubbed and ready for the seaside. Her hair is perfectly clipped back, and her lips are perfectly painted red.

Cynthia Rowley (13)[3]Cynthia Rowley (9)[3]Cynthia Rowley (1)[5]

The palest shades of pink, blue, celadon and putty are paired with stronger colors like sunshine yellow and poppy add sweetness basic black and white that was quite prevalent throughout the collection.

Cynthia Rowley (42)[3]Cynthia Rowley (45)[3]Cynthia Rowley (37)[4]

It’s all about circles. Chunky beads that look almost like bottle caps when printed or perfectly round candy ornament skirts and dresses with 3-D effects that create patterns and stripes.

Cynthia Rowley (44)[3]Cynthia Rowley (51)[3]Cynthia Rowley (52)

Round cutouts add a sexy peek-a-boo edge to otherwise sweet shift dresses to both necklines, hemlines and sleeves. Sometimes they are used allover to create a jumbo eyelet effect in sheer delicate fabrics.

Cynthia Rowley (2)Cynthia Rowley (5)Cynthia Rowley (39)[3]

Sheerness was also important to the collection via sheer tees in both solid and striped that were layered over prim button-up shirts or on their own.

Cynthia Rowley (16)Cynthia Rowley (36)Cynthia Rowley Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Last image via Style.com


Slim perfectly tailored trousers that skim the floor over sky high heels make the models look incredibly tall.

Cynthia Rowley (3)Cynthia Rowley (27)[3]Cynthia Rowley (20)

I also loved how this collection was accessorized, from the multiple oversize barrettes to the sheer socks worn with collaged sandals to the simple bar necklaces. It is feminine and girlish without being precious, referencing the 70s without being retro.

Thank goodness I made it for I would not have wanted to miss another great collection by Ms Rowley.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...