Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Buys: Cynthia Steffe Sample Sale

As I reported earlier today, I stormed the Cynthia Steffe to get some great finds! While the mirrors were few (only about 4 and constantly crowded) my co-worker did a great job helping me edit down. It's awesome that we don't wear the same size so if things were cute we could trade :)

The sale is cheaper and better quality than H&M so although some samples take a little work to adjust or sew, it's more than worth my time for the great quality fabrics and unique detailing.

The sale will probably get sparse by lunch tomorrow so go early for best results! I may do a second comb through at lunch as I've managed to find things on the 2nd day, although much slimmer pickings. On the plus side it's usually way less crowded so it's easier to see things and yourself in the mirror.

Who: Cynthia Steffe
What: Samples from $5-50
When: June 18-19, 2009. 10am-5pm Daily
Where: 550 7th Ave, 10th Floor.

So here are my buys...Can't wait to wear them!

Textured Cotton High Waisted Tie Front Skirt - $15

Seersucker Striped Blouse w/ Scalloped Cap Sleeve - $5 Sample (missing buttons/buttonholes)
Lace Ruffle Sleeve Blouse - $15

Giant Bow Front Chiffon Babydoll - $5 Sample (Straps too long and a little big)
Boatneck Lace & Jacquard Striped Top - $5 Sample (Missing buttons)

Heart Jacquard Ruffle Front Blouse - $15

6 comments:

Milky said...

I went there in the morning yesterday. They hanged everthing neat, but by noon, many march were on the floor....
Super cheap! cannot wait next time.

Unknown said...

I went during lunch. Got three 100% cashmere sweaters all for $20 each. Great detailing with buttons. I was hoping to find that skirk in your pic!

Erin said...

oOoo Milky I'm sure you scored some great merch getting there when they started! I really was dying to escape the office, but unfortunately it was a rough day! Fortunately shopping cures all :)

Cisco, 100% Cashmere for $20 is amazing! I really lucked out on the skirt! I tried to go back today, but there wasn't much stuff left! This is definitely the type of sale where if you blink you might miss something great!

Rewinder said...

In love with the Seersucker Striped Blouse w/ Scalloped Cap Sleeves! I've been looking for a blouse like this for a while... seems difficult to find the perfect one D:>

The Budget Babe said...

im so jealous! love everything you bought, and those prices are insane :)

Sugar Rock Catwalk said...

Hi Candyholic! Wish I could think of great alternatives but this is the only shirt I've seen like this...Good Luck in your search

Thanks TheBudgetBabe! Cynthia Steffe always has amazing finds at her sale! Hope you can make the next one!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...