Thursday, June 18, 2009

NY Sample Sale Report: Cynthia Steffe

When I first got to Cynthia Steffe at Lunch it was madness as I had pretty much expected but by the time I was leaving it had quieted down to a more manageable level of chaos.

There is no changing area, so it’s sort of a free for all where women are changing at every crevice and only a handful of full length mirrors available. So out of respect for women at the sale I didn’t take photos.

The sale has been pretty ravaged and some of the best samples are now in random piles clumped up on window sils, but I still managed to pick up a dress, 2 tops, a skirt and 3 unfinished samples for the amazing total of $85.

The prices are pretty unbelievable:

Dresses $25
Tops $15
Sweaters $20
All bottoms $15
Coats $50
Leather jackets / Leather $50
Non CS Vintage $15
Unfinished Garments $5

The line to pay is now a bagging station where they total up your merch and a paying station. Note if you have cash you can skip ahead of people as their credit card system is pretty slow.

Recommend wearing leggings & a tank top for try ons and bringing a friend to be your “mirror”.

I’ll upload pics of my buys later on tonight!


Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Look forward to your tonight's photos.

Will they restock tomorrow? Hope it was not too picked over.

Erin said...

They don't usually re-stock so it's a bit of a bummer, but I've still gotten some pretty sweet stuff on the 2nd day even if it's slim pickings. Also to note most sizes are 0-6 with some random 8s!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...