Friday, April 8, 2011

Sample Sale Report: Odin & Pas de Deux


Last night I had a bit of time to spare before heading over to the Varli food festival (post to follow shortly!). While the space is fairly small, it wasn't too packed when I arrived so there was room to peruse and look around without bumping into people.

There are two racks of womens wear and some shoes by the entrance. Menswear definitely dominates this sale which is a welcome change for me! There are about 8 racks of menswear - one for shorts, a couple for jackets/outerwear, a few for button down shirts and a couple for pants.

Casual shirts are dominated by plaid and include pieces by Edward (Odin x Duckie Brown collab), Richard Chai, Burkman Bros, Wings + Horns and Shipley & Halmos. Prices range from $59-$89. Sizing is a bit random but they do have some smaller cut pieces including XS and some XL. I was debating on the above denim shirt but opted not to - there was a bit too much sheen on this piece for me and my closet is beginning to explode...again...
Outerwear is reasonably priced and tops out at about $200 for wool coats. I saw a couple pieces that I liked but am so sick of winter I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else for cold weather. Labels for outerwear included Rag and Bone, Philip Lim, Edward and Richard Chai. In terms of pants, mostly smaller sizes are left but there's still some range. Shorts mostly came in 30 or 36 with a few other sizes scattered in the mix.

There were a few pairs of Rachel Comey and Floresheim by Duckie Brown brogue shoes but not much stock is left. There were also a couple of bargain bins - $10 Cheap Monday jeans and $15 tops. I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't get a chance to look closely.

I actually stumbled on this sale last weekend by accident and picked up this Richard Chai brushed cotton cropped blazer with rounded collar for $129. I was a bit saddened to see the price slashed to $89 yesterday, but I've been wearing it everyday this week and love it so I don't feel too bad (they also ran out of my size which helped me breathe a sigh of relief).

If you're interested in checking it out, the sale is going on until this Sunday.

Who: Odin & Pas de Deux Sample Sale
What: Up to 80% off menswear and womenswear from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Richard Chai, Alexander Wang, Burkman Bros, Shipley & Halmos and more. The majority of the merch is menswear with a couple of racks of womenswear.
When: Now through April 10th, 2011. Fri 1pm-8pm, Sat noon-8pm, Sun 1pm-7pm
Where: 159 1st Avenue (b/n 9th & 10th St).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...