Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cynthia Rowley x Band-Aid Luncheon

After my flustered arrival at the Cynthia Rowley show I was feeling a little tentative about making the trek from Lincoln Center to the Upper East Side. I almost never venture to the UES unless I am headed for a doctor’s appointment or a rare museum visit. However, all my inhibitions melted away upon arrival at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. I was led out towards the garden and with flowers in bloom and the sun shinning, it was an oasis for the weary fashion crowd. The perfect last days of summer event that was thrown in conjunction with Bandaid and Cynthia Rowley celebrating the recent launch of her lovely bejeweled Dress-up Band-Aids.Sipping on cocktails and lemonade while chatting and enjoying a delicious spread of flatbreads, pasta salad, asparagus, grilled chicken, and fresh fruit was just what the doctor ordered. Lani and I had a chance to spend a little time with the lovely ladies Lala Lopez and Wendy Lam of Nitrolicious and re-charge our batteries. I found myself musing that if this was only Day 3, what else will the week ahead bring? Fortunately we had front loaded our schedules, but I push thoughts of Monday and going back to the office out of my head for now and focus on the more important things in life, like cream puffs!Being the dedicated bloggers we are, we found a moment to sneak away and set up a mini work station using our netbook loaners and pound out some notes of everything we’ve seen/experienced so far. Any spare moment we could find, these netbooks were our NYFW lifelines so I really would like to again thank Vivienne Tam/HP and ASUS for helping keep us both stylish and tech savvy this NYFW.IMG_9278IMG_9280IMG_9282

Too bad we couldn’t sit for hours on end or explore the museum, Fashion Week calls and we headed back to midtown for another show. Thankfully Band-Aid kept us well stocked to handle all the running in heels with their Friction Block (formerly known as Blister Block) and some lovely Cynthia Rowley Band-Aids, plus some of the loveliest cookies that I ever did see. As lovely as they were, cookies were meant to be eaten and I was thankful for a sugary pick-me-up when I finally got home and the heels came off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...