Friday, February 19, 2010

Runway Review: Christian Siriano Fall 2010


(images from Style.com)

Last week while Erin was checking out Cynthia Rowley at Gotham Hall, I was at the Bryant Park tents for Christian Siriano's show, his fourth collection since winning Project Runway.

Before I get into the clothes I want to start by saying his presentation, as in presentation theater, was fantastic. The fog and electro remixes by boyfriend Brad Walsh added to the drama and definitely got people excited.
Siriano's collection this season was much more wearable than previous collections. Though in toning down the glam, I feel like he lost a little bit of his voice - not to say I didn't enjoy the collection, because I did! There were some great pieces that I would love to have in my personal collection one day.
The collection started off with a palette of black and grays and eventually moved into dark blues, deep purples and a surprising fuschia. There were a handful of fierce power bitch suits and jackets - some more exciting than others. My favorite pieces from the collection came later in the presentation. The cocktail dresses and flowy evening gowns, this is where Christian Siriano really shines.

I love what Christian Sirano can do with silk and chiffon. The last number was absolutely stunning, so stunning everyone applauded the moment the model stepped out. But right as the applause started to build up, the model tripped! She didn't fall down, but there was a clear stumble in her walk. True to the spirit of Siriano, she kept walking and it was fierce.


While we're on the topic of Siriano, his Payless collaboration is in stores now, and there's an awesome pair of printed heels! They're also available online at payless.com for an affordable price of $34.99.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

That's a MAY-JAH gown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...