Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Look: Siki Im Fall 2010


Photography courtesy of Randall Leazer
On Tuesday night I had the chance to check out Siki Im's sophomore collection. The crowd was waiting in anticipation in a tiny space at the front of a warehouse space as attendees clamored to squeeze through the crowd and grab a glass of wine. The show was running behind schedule and I was more than a little ansty. Turns out the designer had decided to shoot his lookbook in conjunction with the presentation. However everyone patiently waited to see what this Ecco Domani recipient in the Men's category would churn out as past recipients include fashion superstars like Proenza Schouler, Rodarte and Alexander Wang.

Before the presentation even began I heard the music. Screaming hard core live Rock Music performed by a thrashing shirtless drummer, bassist and headbanging vocalist in various nooks.

I passed through the crowd and made my way through cubicles and upturned office equipment that made me think of an office in riot.

As for the clothing? Cropped chunky sweaters, paired with crisp wool skirts and trousers. Layered looks were often topped by perfectly tailored outerwear. Newspaper accessories included hats anda cummerbund that is a slight nod to homeless chic? The men looked pulled together and very preppy school boy. My friend commented it looked like a Steven Klein/JD Salinger fantasy. Personally I never thought knee socks on men could look so good!

The color palette stuck to a very wearable range of greys layered upon each other and paired with black.

Even though this collection is made for men, I really would like to own one of those chunky cropped turtleneck sweaters! While I'm not sure the average male could pull off the entire look, there are plenty of wearable, interesting and very masculine pieces that could flatter any man.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sick designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...