Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sample Sale Report

On my way home from work I stopped by a few sales and here's my take on 2 Sales that aren't over yet.

Mike & Chris, despite rumors last month is not shutting doors, but just signed on with Green Mochi Inc in a licensing agreement. This partnership will allow the designers to focus on the design element while Green Mochi will take care of the business element. Green Mochi also works with contemporary label Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent. Hence Mike & Chris joined forces with Cynthia Vincent for quite an amazing Sample Sale! When I hit the sale there was still quite a lot of stock left.

Here are the price run downs as I remember:
Mike & Chris
Leather Jacket $250, Cropped Leather Jacket $150, Leather Vest $100.
Wool Coats $50
Sweat Shirts $25
Sweat Pants $25
Henley Dress $10
Hat $5

Cynthia Vincent
Dresses $60 but were slashed to $30 in the last hour of the day
Blouses $40 but were slashed to $20 in the last hour of the day
Sweaters $25
Cami's $20
Shoes $45
There were Baby Clothes too, but I don't remember the prices

Who: Mike & Chris, Cynthia Vincent
Why: Great Prices, Great Selection, Not really much of a crowd.
Where: 80 West 40th Street, Suite 53
When: Thursday, December 11th - Saturday, December 13th: 10am - 6pm.

The other sale I went to was at the Globe Showroom because I wanted to see the new line I love Bensoni and I was hoping for great prices considering they are still relatively unknown. Unfortunately the prices are still too high for a sample sale given the current market. It didn't feel like a real sample sale, but the showroom and the merchandise was beautiful. Here's prices as I remember:

Bensoni
Dresses $95-150
Glitter Jersey Tops $65
Tops $70-85
Pants $120

Black Halo
Dresses $160

What: Bensoni, Black Halo, Anne Leman, Matt & Nat, and more.
Why: Fifty-75 percent off wholesale. Items start at twenty bucks.
When: Dec. 10-13. Wed.-Sat., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Where: Joey Showroom, 263 Eleventh Ave., at 27th St., 5th flr.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...