Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Target X Missoni: Update


Target is literally driving me mad. I woke up today - hauled ass to the computer and tried to buy some things online but like Erin, my attempt was greeted with complete and total failure. Just to give you some background on me - normally I'm a pretty logical person...reserved...rational - heck I'm an accountant for Pete's sake. BUT - part of me has a hyper-addictive personality....so if I want something...all rhyme and reason goes out the window. There's no room for logic when I have tunnel vision - and today was just one of those days...

After being rejected online - I booked a zip car STAT and made my way to Target in Queens. I arrived there around 9:20 am and the store was wiped clean - much like the pop-up shop. Housewares - gone....bedding - gone...menswear - non-existent...
 

Womenswear was in a bit better shape (but not by much) and still had some merch left. I think all the die hard fans ransacked the place right when doors opened at 8am and most of what was left over was left over for a reason.
 
 

There were some shoes, rainboots and tights left over - but again nothing worth making the trek out to the store.

If you were thinking about heading over to Target after work today - don't...unless you want to be greeted with a big fat FAIL. I did however end up scoring some paper towels, windex and toilet paper at reasonable prices.

Target's website has been shoddy all day so far - but I was lucky enough to get in after I left my browser open for 20 minutes. Needless to say I went ape shit and just threw everything into the cart. Since Target has an amazing return policy I figure I'll just keep what I really like and send the rest back.

I'm just glad this ordeal is over and done with now...and I never want to have to think about it again. G'luck with your purchases - you'll need it!

5 comments:

graciela. said...

omg, tell me about it! my local target opens at 8. Got there at 8:15 and for a moment I thought the merch never got put up because there was no sign of it. Then I saw the lines of women at the register with cartloads of stuff. Went to another 2 targets and same deal. Sad.

Eventually I got through the website so I bought some stuff. Just wish I could have seen it in person.

Anna G said...

I went to the nearest Target around 8 am for Starbucks. They had everything. They put all the clothes for kids and women together. I was in a hurry but I'm going back tonight to buy a sweater. Call me lucky because I live in Nebraska, and people have no idea who is Missoni.

Erin said...

Anna G I am jealous of you! We've been all out of luck in NYC and I still can't seem to get through to the website!

Faith J. said...

I didn't have much hope here in St. Louis, but I went to Target after work and found a Missoni blouse I wanted! It's in my outfit post for today!

Anonymous said...

I know right! I went to the Target in Rockaway Beach which never fails to have endless inventory of desinger collaborations. Guess what...EMPTY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...