Thursday, September 29, 2011

Now Wearing...

Hi, it's me Lani. Sorry for the radio silence. I've been on a bit of a whirlwind. The short story is I moved to Chicago to start a new job and new chapter in my life; the full story and a proper outfit post to come when I have proper internet access. I'm currently bootlegging a very weak signal from the corner of my apartment.

Landscape print coat - Timo Weiland
Collared shirt - Neurotica (London)
Rings - Forever 21
Snakeskin bag - Botkier
With no internet, no TV or even no turntables to unwind after work, I decided to attempt ombre nails with teal and black polish. For someone like Erin, this is super easy (exhibit A, ombre nails in 2008 & exhibit B, leopard nails in 2009). For someone like me who usually struggles to paint within the lines, the results are pretty astonishing.
One finger at a time, I started with small globs of black polish on the bottom and used my teal polish to smooth it out. And applying a topcoat helped blend the colors together. I'll admit that I got quite a bit of polish on the sides, but I was able to rub most of it off in the shower. It's really quite easy, so I don't have any real tips other than keeping a piece of paper handy for wiping off the brush to your lighter polish.

I will have proper internet next week, so I'll be sharing photos from Chicago soon!

4 comments:

Jennifer Lawrence said...

Your nails look wonderful! I'm the same with painting my nails, I always seem to get the polish everywhere! Loving the colours :)
xx

Melissa Klotz said...

Chicago! Awesome, good luck in your new chapter :)

Anonymous said...

I love your nails! I'm going to try them myself next week.

RockRushIndia said...

Nice post. Customers buy rings online because there are so many designs and varieties of rings and competitive online rings prices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...