Friday, December 3, 2010

Sears Wishbook TweetUp

Earlier this week, Erin and I stopped by the Sears Wish Book Tweetup event hosted by Style Coalition. We arrived in the evening and were greeted with wine, great food and a photo shoot wall.

Before this, I had no idea how to use Twitter. I tried it once while I was in line at the H&M Lanvin opening and failed miserably. By the time I finally figured out how to tweet, someone replied but I no idea now to reply back.

Twitter isn't all the rage up in Canada so I never bothered to figure out how to use it. I definitely got some great practice in during this event and learned how to tweet, send messages and attach pics! If you're a twitter user, you should definitely check out Tweetdeck. It's a nifty little app that helps consolidate the tweeting into window panes and makes everything easier to see and do.

After tweeting for a bit, the people who ended up tweeting the most received a Sears Wish Book catalog to use as a reference in the game we played to score an iPad. Although Erin and I managed to get one of the catalogs for tweeting it up, we were sluggish in the brain and didn't answer questions fast enough!

The wish book definitely surprised me. Sears isn't typically one of my go-to places for shopping but this catalog really did have a lot of merch that I would pick up for my home/apartment. If you'd like to take a look at the digital version of the wishbook, please click here. Also, there's an iphone app available if you're looking for a more mobile option on the go.

If you follow us on twitter at sugrrockcatwalk - please ignore any nonsensical tweets. It's probably me being a twit...while tweeting...on Twitter......
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...