Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NYFW Spring 2011: Samantha Pleet

Samantha Pleet has a special place in my heart because her collection uses organic materials without looking less-than. I try my best to be mindful of the environment when shopping for clothes, but it can be difficult. At a time when so many green clothing lines are simply collections of jersey pieces, it's so exciting and refreshing to see a line like Samantha Pleet, designs I would covet sustainable or not.

Samantha Pleet showed her spring 2011 collection at Metropolitan Pavillion as part of the Green Shows, fashion shows for committed to ecofriendly, ethically sound, fair-trade fashion designers. I ran into a couple familiar faces there, including my friend Brit who writes for green fashion site ecouterre.com.

This collection was playful and very wearable. I truly would wear every piece in the collection. Everything looks so comfortably chic, and I love modern touches on these vintage-inspired looks. Here are snaps of some of my personal favorites.


Love, love, love!

The collection was styled with jewelry by Sugar Rock Catwalk favorite, Bliss Lau. Usually when I see Bliss pieces, they're being worn over drapey tees and dresses, usually slightly grungy or gothic. Samantha Pleet and Bliss Lau was a wonderfully unexpected collaboration, and something I would love to see more of in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...