Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Now Listening: Blip Blip Bleep


Recommended If You Like: The Postal Service, LCD Soundsystem, Stars, Metric, The Bird and the Bee

I first heard of Blip Blip Bleep because a friend of mine had a brief stint in the band during their 2nd EP, Alarm Clock, Snooze Bar, Get Up. However, I soon found myself listening to the catchy electro tunes on repeat and knew that even had my friend not been in the band, I would still gladly attend their shows and listen to the music. The Brooklyn based trio consist of immensely talented producer Sean Han, singer/keyboardist Alexa Danner and drummer Jojo Schwarz.

Their debut LP, Like Track Stars just came out on June 29, 2010. And while I haven't had chance to check out the whole album yet, but I've been stuck on Freak You Out the past few weeks. While this may be Blip Blip Bleep's very first official music video but the simple concept was well done and definitely memorable. To hear more, you can stream tracks on myspace.com/blipblipbleep or click to download a free mp3 of Freak You Out.

For you New Yorkers to keep in mind, Blip Blip Bleep will be performing alongside Team Genius and Tenderbox at Mercury Lounge on September 9, 2010. PS. They are pretty adorable & awesome live!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...