Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inside Designer Sketchbooks FW 2010


I honestly don't like to pay too close attention to the news on a daily basis (excluding the fashion & food world) because most of the time it it can be a bit depressing. I do randomly look at daily papers while I commute so I won't be completely clueless about the world.

The other day was just one such morning I was glad I looked! am New York featured some illustrations by various designers that showed a peek of what is to come starting today + some quotes about their inspiration. I love looking at illustration sometimes even more than looking at photos. There is so much feeling and thought with each line and I love how illustrations often reflect something about the designers themselves or their ideal woman.

To note, I love how Erin Fetherson's figure even resembles her! Jill Stuart & Herve Leger look to be sexy with an attitude. Vivienne Tam and Brian Reyes looks similarly sculptural and simplified, I'm interested in seeing the different execution of the real garmnts. The Tibi girls look to be funky and adorable. DKNY appears to be New York glam and cool but her figure looks a little shy and humble too. Pamela Roland and Edition by Georges Chakra look elegant, mysterious and untouchable. Do these sketches speak to you?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...