Friday, May 8, 2009

Sample Sale Report: Botkier


Stopped by the Botkier Sample Sale and made it while it was still calm. Rows of bags were neatly organized as always. I tried to take pics of the pricing charts with my phone but they didn't come out all that great. The most expensive bags are priced out at $295, but the majority of bags appeared to be in the $275 category. There still were alot of affordable options at $125, but these were mostly the smaller bags or clutches and many in satin instead of the Botkier signature buttery leather. There were also some wallets and small leather goods for $50-75.

My favorite part of the sale which I always try to hit up as early as possible is upstairs. It's the damaged goods section and this is where you find the real deals if you are careful. The bags all have varying defects but some are rather minor while others more obvious like torn off handles or missing zipper heads. Well when you find a bag you desire make sure you give it a good visual inspection, test out all the zippers, examine near the handles to make sure they are well attached. Often you can find bags with just a slight discoloration or nothing markedly wrong. I guess it's about finding what you can live with for a bargain. Here bags range from $30 for clutches, $50 for some side bags or bright satin purses, $75-195 for everything else.

The Shoe selection looked pretty sparse and sizes were very sporatic but flats were a great bargain at $95. Heels sold for $195.

So here are my 2 amazing finds of the day! They are "damaged" goods, but I love them! Look for them in my upcoming style diary posts!

8 comments:

Grace said...

oh, i luv the bags you got! I was going to skip this year but now that I see your finds, I'm gonna stop by tonite :)

Anonymous said...

How much did you pay for those bags?

Anonymous said...

I went to the Botkier sample sale today and I also thought the selection was incredible! I guess they restocked the samples/ damaged items upstairs because I scored a Bianca med satchel in black (leather) for $200! I got the Dioness flats in dark champagne*faints* for $95 and I think I can literally wear them everyday this summer! I heart Botkier.

Unknown said...

i want to go to sample sales :(

chibi said...

I love how you give such a detailed report.
It makes me want to try my hand at the sample sales in LA but I'm just too lazy to drive out there.

Erin said...

Thanks lovelies! So glad that I can help you find great deals :) The Grey Duffel was $75 and the Black Purse was $125 :)

Dream Sequins said...

Damn. Looks like you made out like a bandit. I really need a new purse and probably should have gone :(

Erin said...

Don't worry Dream Sequins there's some upcoming bag sales this week including Devi Kroell and Be & D! I'll be posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...