Monday, February 11, 2013

NYFW Fall 2013: Jonathan Simkhai

After catching a show at Milk Studios on the weekend, I made my way up to the 8th floor to catch some presentations - one of which was Jonathan Simkhai.  A little hipster, a little sporty, a little androgynous, a little downtown - but all cool is the best way for me to describe his collection.  As one of the members of the CFDA's fashion incubator program, Simkhai definitely didn't disappoint!


There was plenty of monocromatic black and white, gemetric patterns in addition to impeccable styling.  Boyish charm was scattered throughout the pieces from the sneaker choices to the varsity jackets to the baseball caps.  Throwbacks to 80's ska bands and preppy slim cut suits also made their way into Simkhai's looks.
My favorite item of the lot was this black and teal patchwork leather top with neoprene sleeves (above right).  It was one of those things where I kept going back to look at it after checking everything else out.  This was definitely one of my favorite collections of that night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...