Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pssst... Markdowns on Maison Martin Margiela x H&M

Mine! I literally clapped my hands with excitement when I found these.

I stopped by the H&M downtown on State St after work while waiting for a friend to wrap up.  I went through almost all of the store before noticing they still had some of the Maison Martin Margiela collection in stock.  And I didn't realize the pieces were marked down until I studied the tags because the original prices had be discretely covered with new prices.  Also, I hadn't checked out the collection earlier because I remember thinking most of it felt out of my price range!

There were two racks worth of womenswear collection left, including the Narrow Shoulder Jacket, Horizontal Dress, Blazer, Oversized Peacoat and just a few of the Hitched Up Dress.  Prices were roughly half off ($99+ after markdowns), and while limited in quantity, those styles were available in all sizes with the exception of the Hitched Up Dress.  To reference the lookbook, click here.  For Erin's write up on the construction and fit of some of the pieces, click here.

Ever since images of the collection were released, I'd been eying the footwear specifically the black patent wedges and black leather booties.  The wedges unfortunately didn't fit the way I would have hoped; my heels kept slipping out and the sides felt too stiff.  The booties on the other hand fit quite nicely, perhaps because I can wear them with socks.  While they fit comfortably, I must admit that I will have to walk a little differently in them to avoid clomping around because the lucite wedge has no give.

There were plenty of silver ($40) and black flats in stock ($60).  There were lots of wedges ($99) in black, red and tan and about a dozen pairs of booties ($129) left, mostly in sizes 8-10.  There were several pairs of black knee high boots (a great steal at $129) and a few pairs of the maroon ones left as well, but I didn't get a chance to look at sizing before I left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is neglected and abandoned now. How sad. It all went downhill since Lani moved away

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...