Tuesday, August 21, 2012

NY Sample Sale Report: Ash Footwear

Our good friend and reader Kim Nguyen stopped by Ash's sample sale and was kind enough to send us photos and a sample sale report. If you've been lusting after Isabel Marant sneakers, but can't imagine spending almost $700 on sneakers, this post is for you.

Ash Sample Sale Report by Kim Nguyen
The sale is going on in the back room of Ash’s Soho store, which looks like a spaceship filled with shoes from the future. And there are many deals to be had in the sandal arena (the Masia and Meg for $64.50), but I went straight for this summer’s divisive trend: the wedge sneaker.

While I have been told my personal style falls solidly into high school goth or 1950’s librarian, I was pretty smitten with Isabel Marant’s weird ugly-chic sneaker when I first saw them last season.

But not so smitten that I would shell out $760 for a pair of shoes that look like they would be worn by J. Lo (circa her Jenny from the Block era).

Which is why I was so excited when I was asked to cover a sale of the more affordable maker of the sneaker wedge, Ash.

So here we go.

Bowie (only neon yellow or green) – $112.50

Alfa – $64.50

Genial (canvas in grey, tan, white, black, denim) – $54.50


So if you are a fan of the sneaker wedge, affordable sneaker wedges are to be had, and I would recommend you go quick because the sale ends on Aug 26th.

This is not on sale, but I love it.

The Bowie in black suede – $235.00



So at the end of the day, these guys came home with me, but they are not from the Ash sale…



Gold stars and a piece of bacon to whoever can guess where I got them and how much they are.



Strawberry – $49.99


NO I WILL NOT SHUT UP!

(I only say this because I assume you, the reader, yelled at your computer screen “SHUT! UP!”)

But it is true my friends. I found these near exact knock offs at the celebrated hoochie emporium, Strawberry. And as Lani said, “Well if Strawberry’s got a hold it, then this trend is probably on it’s way out.”

But for now, I will rock these $50 knock offs because I put a pair of Dr. Scholl’s insoles in them and they are comfy as shit.


Ash Footwear sale at 44 Mercer Street now through August 26, 2012.

For a list of Strawberry locations, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...