Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sample Sale Report: YSL

Yesterday marked the launch of the YSL family and friends sale.  The sale had an opening for VIPs earlier in the day and opened to the public at 5pm.  A line was already forming 3 hours prior to the public opening of the sale.  Sheer madness.  I ended up waiting in line and was stuck in front of the most irritating group of girls I've met in my life. I can't even count the number of times they bumped into me during our three our tenure...once the line stops moving - you should also stop moving ...I forget that sometimes common sense isn't really all that common...
With a three hour wait, all I can say is thank goodness for smartphones!  That being said, my battery ended up draining a lot quicker than anticipated and my phone gave way after I grabbed a few pics of the price lists (hence the lack of pictures in this post!). 
Overall this sale is not something that I recommend for menswear.  The menswear is mosly odds and ends and it's definitely not worth the wait.  Womenswear is a different story but expect lots of hoarding and greedy women holding more bags than can physically fit on their arms...
If you're willing to brace the insane line and looking for womenwear or shoes - it might be worth checking out. I spoke with a staffer who said that there were designated boxes of merch for each day so if you're a glutton for punishment, you can try your luck today and tomorrow.

Who: YSL Friends and family sale
What: Up to 75% off handbags ($600, was $1,550), shoes ($300, was $795), and accessories ($50). Jackets, pants, dresses, and sweaters for $150-$350.
When: October 26-28, 2011. Wed 5-8 pm, Thurs 8am-8pm, Fri 8am-5pm
Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th St (b/n 6th & 7th Ave)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see the need to point out the annoying girls' ethnicity. You wrote that they were annoying because they were bumping into you constantly which shouldn't have anything to do with being Korean.

Sugar Rock Catwalk said...

anon- sorry it wasn't meant to isolate out an ethic group. it was just a fact (like the sky is blue) I've removed the reference - sorry for offending you but that wasn't the intent

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...