Friday, September 9, 2011

Target x Missoni: Pop Up Shop...Epic Fail


For FNO, I remember how hectic SoHo was last year and wanted to stay as far away as possible - so I decided to hit up the Target x Missoni Pop Up shop by Bryant Park. Greeted with a line at 5:45pm that wrapped around from 42nd and 6th to Broadway and 41st - I decided to hold my ground with Erin and stay. Big mistake...

I ended up waiting... and waiting...and waiting (at least Erin and her friend were there to keep me company or else I think I would have literally lost it). After FOUR hours - we finally got in...and shitshow doesn't even begin to describe what was going on inside. Of all the lines at sample sales, restaurants and everything else worth doing in NYC, this was by far the most insane...

The space itself was pretty spacious - but also ransacked from the hundreds of people in front of us and the press preview the day before. Clothing was sparse, menswear pieces were non-existent, and housewares were cleaned up. The venue was initially two floors but by the time we got inside, the upstairs had been closed off since they ran out of stock.

There were a few racks of clothing left which included a cord jacket and some knit skirts - but nothing worth the wait that we endured. From what I did see, the apparel definitely has Missoni's flare and aesthetic - but has Target's quality which is to be expected and should come as no shock.

If you're looking for boxes and some vases, those are still available but will probably be gone by tomorrow.

A lot of shoppers seemed dissapointed with the shortage of merch available given that it was the opening day and seemed to be buying whatever was left - just for the sake of buying something.

While it's not the smartest move (buying for the sake of buying) - I was debating on doing just that since I had already banked 4 hours in line outside. Fortunately, I quickly came to my senses when I noticed the other gargantuan line to pay which quite fittingly, zig zagged across the store since the register area was rammed.

If you're planning on hitting the store tomorrow - forget about it. By the time we left, shelves were left bare and the store won't last till Sunday (I'm not even sure if it will be open tomorrow). You're definitely better off holding out until the collection drops in stores and online.

The countdown begins to September 13th...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...