Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sample Sale Report: Buckler

IMAG1371IMAG1372

Today’s extreme heat at 106 degrees had me feel like I was literally cooking on the sidewalk and quickly seeking refuge in any space that was air conditioned. I soon found myself at the Buckler Sample Sale -it was relatively quiet, clothing was organized and yes, sweet a/c was pumping.

I don’t often shop menswear sample sales but this one in particular was a goodie and I thought I’d try to snag a few things for my brother. I ended up picking him up a skinny tie for $5 and a cute sweatshirt for $30.

IMAG1373IMAG1374IMAG1375IMAG1376

As for the rest of the merch, underwear is $5, ties and accessories are $5 (including skinny ties), vests are $18, shorts are $25, Tees are $15, shoes are $15, sweaters/sweat shirts $30, Jeans/Pants are $35 or 2 for $60, jackets/blazers $70 and prices topped out at $150 for leather/outerwear pieces.

As for the size breakdown things ranged from size S to XL but the majority of stock available was in a size M. For pants sizes ranged from 28 to 36 but the majority was in the 32-34 range. For shoes I think they were previous runway samples as the soles looked scuffed up but the shoes themselves were not too worn in for most part. Sizes ranged from what I could tell in the realm of size 11-13. When I was looking at blazers/vests I spotted a lot of mediums/size 40.

Some the the light knitwear pieces I wished I could wear myself. I was amused by a collection of tees that featured embroidered insects, although I’m not sure I know the man that would wear them. My fave pieces were the glen check utility blazer and the super classic convertible trench that can zip to become shorter and zip off the sleeves too. Tres charming.

IMAG1377IMAG1378IMAG1379IMAG1380IMAG1381IMAG1382IMAG1383IMAG1384

Since this was held in the Buckler store expect real change rooms! If you are a fellow in need of a wardrobe overhaul, make your way over for some ultra affordable menswear.

Sale runs through the weekend although staff is anticipating that it may be extended into next week. Hurry for best selection!

Who: Buckler Sample Sale
What: 80-90% off Menswear from the spring/summer 2011 collection
When: July 22-24, 2011. Fri-Sun 11am-7pm
Where: 13 Gansevoort St (nr Hudson St) 212-255-1596

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...