Friday, May 20, 2011

Vena Cava X Unliqlo Launch


First off - apologies for the delay in this post! I meant to have this up last week since I hit up the Vena Cava X Uniqlo launch last week when it opened but due to some technical glitch in Blogspot - I wasn't able to post until this week! Anyways, this is the third installation of Uniqlo's designer invitation project and probably my favorite of the lot.

I arrived during my lunch break - I decided to trek to Soho since the weather was amazing (instead of all this nonsense rain we've been having this week). It wasn't too packed but there were definitely quite a few people scoping out the new line.


The collection is made up of a mixture of tops and dresses - each of which comes in two colors. The pieces are jersey and seem like they would be uber comfortable in the summer and definitely easy to wear.
In terms of sizing, they had plenty. If you're an XS and looking to grab some of these pieces act sooner rather than later. I actually stopped by Uniqlo last night and the sizing was similar to the opening day - plenty were available but smaller sizes were more sparse.

My personal faves of the collection are the layered tank with geometric print (above left) and jersey printed dress (above right).


Also, if you haven't had a chance to check out the Costello Tagliapietra and Charlotte Ronson collaborations, fear not - there are still quite a few pieces available. Just head to the back half of the store on the first floor by the main cash.

2 comments:

TheOnlineStylist said...

I'm loving the collaborations that Uniqlo are doing lately... fantastic pieces and really affordable. Need to get to a store.. soon! x

Anonymous said...

i was slightly underwhelmed by the collaboration. my favorite was the jersey printed dresses but no smaller sizes available this weekend. also checked out the charlotte ronson collaboration - and found that slightly underwhelming too except for this one striped glorified sweatshirt dress. my favorite this season was costello

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...