Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shopping Round Up: Cute Rain Boots

I've done a couple shopping round ups on cute rain boots (exhibit A & exhibit B), but with what feels like never ending spring showers in the city, I felt inspired search the web for more weatherproof footwear.


Steve Madden "Tsunamii" (now $59.78, retail $80)

The ankle straps give these boots a bit of biker style, and the zipper in back make them easy to put on and take off. These boots came out in the fall, so sizes are limited. But if you can find them in your size, you can get them on sale at Zappos, Bloomingdales, Macy's, and quite a few other retailers.



Hunter "Interlaken" ($117.00-195.00)

I'm also a fan of the ankle strap detail on these Hunter boots. I appreciate that these are slimmer than the classic Hunters, and wedge heels can be helpful in balancing the frumpiness that sometimes happens with raincoats. Since my coat is a bright coral, I would probably get the black for myself, but if I had a black or more subdued coat, I might consider the purple. They seem like they'd be quite fun!


Hunter "Arolla", ($195.00)

Another option from Hunter, that's not bad. They're nice, simple black rain boots, and the shiny black from afar could look a bit like patent leather.


Rockport "Lorraine" (now $95.96, retail $119.95)

These Rockport boots are a bit chunky for my taste, but I've been considering them since they they look more like patent leather or PVC than a rubber. And I could use them for rain or snow. They have great reviews online; a lot of people have commented on how comfortable they are.



Rockport "Lorraine Chelsea" ($74.48-$110.00)

Rockport also has a bootie version of their Lorraine boots. I find something about the ultraviolet pair intriguing. I think they would look fun with a bright, bold Technicolor-inspired outfit, but I do worry that they'd be a bit too costumey for everyday wear. So for myself, I would probably get the black pair because I know I'd get a lot of use out of them.


Kate Spade "Randi" ($125.00)

These boots from Kate Spade are a bit more like your traditional rain boot, but with pops of color! The red soles and bows are a nice girly touch that would brighten up any rainy day. These darling boots would look great with a classic trench.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there are purple paul smith boots that i have been watching on ebay that look just like these! i don't know why but i am really into purple lately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...