Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shop Bop x Club Monaco Launch Party and Lookbook

Growing up in Toronto, Club Monaco was always a MUST in my wardrobe.  Since I was the tender age of 10 and my mom bought matching black & white shirts for my brother and me, it’s been a brand to build my wardrobe on.  Options were limited for high quality, wallet friendly and design oriented brands and while most of Toronto was embracing Banana Republic, I firmly stood by Club Monaco over the years.  Since moving to NYC, I was surprised to learn that Club Monaco is not the wide spread brand it was in my hometown.  I’ve worn some of my old skirts from Club Monaco and been complimented by multiple designers who mistook my skirt for an uber designer label.  I always go to Club Monaco when I am north of the border, but while I am here I do a lot of my shopping online or at sample sales.

shopbop_clubmonaco_look7shopbop_clubmonaco_look1shopbop_clubmonaco_look2shopbop_clubmonaco_look3shopbop_clubmonaco_look4shopbop_clubmonaco_look5shopbop_clubmonaco_look6

Fast forward to present times, Shopbop was actually one of the first websites that started my online shopping obsession.  My co-worker introduced me a little over 4 years ago - the selection of merchandise, ease of site navigation and multiple views of product had me hooked.

Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party6[3]Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party7[3]Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party1[3]

Today I had the chance to celebrate the two loves and wardrobe pillars come together with the launch of Club Monaco’s e-commerce effort exclusively on Shopbop.  Fashion director Kate Ciepluch personally selected 30 pieces that range in price from $24 for knee high socks to $1100 for a genuine shearling bomber.  KC tells me that she too grew up with Club Monaco and always appreciated the brand.  She curated the brand to focus on wear-to-work pieces and great outerwear.  The trend focus about this season’s hottest color, Camel.

Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party4[3]Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party8[3]Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party[3]

Right now accessories are limited to a few great purses, hats and scarves but plans are in work for an expansion into a fuller assortment in future deliveries.

Club-Monaco-Shopbop-Launch-Party9[4]

I had fun playing Dress-up with a few of the pieces that are a part of the collection with KC’s encouragement I picked out a glen check blazer, satchel and fedora to try on for size, all super cute!  But at the end of the day I am particularly adoring the cropped sleeve large plaid Hannah Coat!  Everything will be available for purchase on Shopbop today, so wallet’s beware!

To celebrate the launch Shopbop is holding a sweepstakes for a NYC shopping spree with a $1000 Shopbop giftcard and a $1000 Club Monaco giftcard at stake!  PS. If you haven’t had a chance, make sure you enter our $100 Shopbop giveaway!  Smaller prize, but better odds!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...