Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nine West Blogger Breakfast

Last Friday was a hectic day, we really hit the ground running this NYFW. I started my day at 9am on 5th Avenue at 53rd St at the Nine West Flagship store for a blogger breakfast. There is a table laden with goodies from Clinton Street Bakery (I've never been able to withstand the 2 hour wait for brunch), fresh orange juice and strawberry lemonade.

I am amongst the first couple of people to arrive and it’s great because I get some great face-to-face time with Fred Allard, Nine West’s creative director. I had no idea that he would have a French accent and I am charmed as he shows me the Fall 2010 line-up with particular attention to the shoes that Nine West and singer/songwriter Joss Stone have collaborated on. Ms. Stone will be performing in the store later that night for FNO and they invite me to return, but I already have a full itinerary including the window display contest at Kate Spade.

When I asked Fred how he decided to work with JS, he tells me that from the beginning when they conceptualized the Vintage America brand, it was always supposed to be a brand that that found it’s inspiration rooted in music. Even when they first launched it was the reason they launched a nationwide Vintage America Voices competition. Fred is personally a huge fan of JS and felt she was an obvious choice to represent the brand.

“Everyone, when they picture Joss Stone pictures her barefoot and on stage, but they do not realize that she loves sexy shoes.” Every element of the shoes collaborated upon has been approved by Ms. Stone herself. She was the one who requested the sexy high heels. On the chunkier pair of boots, the trim actually came from a belt that Fred showed JS and she loved it – so they sourced a similar material and created a buckle to wrap around the shoes. Even the flower, that is branded on both of the shoes in the collaboration, is actually a replica of a tattoo that JS has adding a very personal touch.

nine west blogger breakfast[3]

I also had the opportunity to shop the rest of the store and pick out a pair of shoes courtesy of Nine West. It was hard to narrow down because there are so many great options but in the end I got a pair of studded shooties that I’m quite excited about, just in time to wear out to Fashion’s Night Out.

The military details on these booties were great! They are also quite sexy and would look great with skinny jeans or leggings.

For a more daytime look that might involve a lot of walking. I’m all about these lace up boots in olive suede

These studded boots were the near winner, their to shape is so great and they are as sexy as they are tough. Unfortunately lack of sizing (size 5) mean’s I’ll have to eventually order these bad boys off the internet. I was then tempted by this pair of cage like wedges, but decided I was having a stud moment! Alas, before I could have a chance to chat with any of the bloggers that arrived later on, I decided I needed to head to my day job. The job that actually pays my bills ;) A great start to a packed day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...