Monday, July 12, 2010

Look for Less: Forever 21 to Alexander Wang


As you've probably gathered I've been a fan of Alexander Wang for quite some time. Whenever possible I've picked up his pieces whether it be from a sample sale, or collaboration form (via Uniqlo or Gap). If you like this Oxford-Shirt Dress by Alexander Wang it's currently on sale on Tobi.com for for $232 (was $465). I've loved the easy comfortable sophistication of this shirt-dress combo. Unfortunately, it's still a bit out of my budget.

Anyways, I found myself inside the new Forever 21 Flagship store in Times Square during my lunch break and spotted something that would fit the bill at a price I could definitely afford. Although I have quite a distaste for knock off fashion, this one runs more "in the style of" rather than being a direct copy especially since it's just a similar feeling skirt from a dress instead of every detail copied directly in cheaper fabrication. The drape of the skirt & elastic is similar but you'll notice that the drape does not continue into the waistband and the skirt has been made into a high-low tulip on the Forever 21 version. In addition, pockets have been rounded out into drapes to reflect the hem curve. It's been made up in a nice Rayon jersey that feels soft against the skin and could almost be mistaken for silk. The Forever 21 version will run you just $19.80 and is available in the champagne color I picked up and a peach version that isn't quite as nice. Unfortunately this version is not available on the web but a similar version is available for $17.80.

I actually love the flexibility of this piece and anticipate pairing it with countless plain tee's and perhaps even a button up top to create a similar look :) If you are in NYC head to the Times Square store soon if you like the look as I'm sure it'll fly off the shelves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good find! i've had that alexander wang dress saved in my hearts at shopbop. now i have to head over to forever!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...