Monday, April 26, 2010

Sale Report: Plum Store Closing & Sally Tseng

Lower East Side boutique Plum will be closing at the end of this week, Friday 4/30. Plum fans, not all is lost! There's a good closing sale in action, and Plum will continue as online at plumstyle.com.

One of my favorite young designers, Sally Tseng, will also be closing shop for a bit, so she is selling her remaining pieces at Plum until Tuesday, 4/27. While I was there I spotted a handful of signature blazers including my favorite Ellington Tailcoat, picture above from Gen Art. It's a two in one, with a removable tail in back! Other noteworthy pieces in Sally's collection included a four in one silk top, ikat print tops and dresses, button down shirts, and drop crotch trousers.

There were some great pieces at Plum this weekend from NY designers like Amanda Uprichard and Octopi, another one of my favorites. Just look at all of the fun colorful pieces on this rack - so perfect for spring and summer! Prices ranged from $25 to $150 for apparel. I found that most pieces were not super cheap, but they were indeed deeply discounted at 50+% off.

Of course most my favorite pieces were the most expensive. Both the romper and this dress were $150. If the romper looked better on me, I may have taken it home. I don't think I do well in ruffles. And I loved the back of this dress/tunic, but I'm too clumsy to own anymore white.

There was a stellar collection of accessories including this metallic speckled clutch from Cammie Hill, now $98 (retail $188). And if you're a fan of two-finger knuckleduster rings or statement jewelry, you must go. There were a lot of bold, investment worthy pieces for $100-$200.

The cheaper items were blouses and such like this one, which was selling for $50 (retail $148). And the deal of the day were these waxed leather (or possibly pleather) boots for $20!


And as with many store closing, if you're in the market for furniture, Plum is selling some great antique pieces.

Who: Plum Boutique & Sally Tseng
What: store closing & sample sale, 50%+ off apparel & accessories
When: Now through Friday, 4/30
Where: Plum 124 Ludlow between Delancey and Rivington. 212-529-1030

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...