Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In Stores Now: Cynthia Rowley for Roxy

Last week, Erin and I stopped by Barney's Co-op to check out the new Cynthia Rowley for Roxy collection. We got a peak at the clothes, but didn't get to study them for long since it was a really crowded press preview. From what we saw though, the pieces are super cute and definitely beach-worthy.
The collection includes wetsuits, swimsuits and surf-inspired clothing and accessories. My personal favorites were the neoprene dress and pencil skirt (bottom right). And I'm usually not a big fan of graphic tees or tanks, but I actually really like the kaleidoscope tank (left).
I feel like neoprene is making it's way out of the ocean and into the streets. I've seen a few edgier designers like Jeremy Scott use it before, and I think Cynthia Rowley's collection will Roxy will probably help this trend take off.
I was a little disappointed in the crinkle silk dress (bottom left) as it looked a little frumpy, but I was into the softness and quality of the gray cotton hoodie (right). And I liked the shark tooth zipper detail. Again, I think the real winning pieces are the neoprene ones. They're so flattering and unique, clearly something from Cynthia Rowley and Roxy.
Most pieces retail for under $150 with the exception of the $160 neoprene dress and the $225 wetsuit. The collection will be available at Barney’s and Colette, as well as roxy.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...