Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Preview: McGinn Fall 2010


I recently had a chance to check out McGinn's Fall 2010 line. Since the debut in 2004, South Korean label McGinn has quietly made it's way into magazines and onto celebrities including Heidi Klum, Michelle Trachtenberg, Isla Fisher.

This was my first time seeing the contemporary label up close and personal but I was immediately impressed by the quality of fabric and the construction. The fabric didn't feel flimsy but like it had good body to it while the prints were soft and not stiff. The printed fabrics had a great vibrancy, richness and depth of the colors that is often seen on more designer level pieces.

McGinn's soft sculptural approach to fashion is very simple yet modern. I love that nothing looks overdone but there are all the right elements that make the line truly wearable while still maintaining effortless sophistication. I think the strengths of this collection lie in the dresses and the great outerwear. The dresses are perfect wear to work and wear out pieces, while the shearling aviator jacket is mere perfection that I can see thrown over just about anything. Perhaps the Burberry influence is having an effect on me but how I need!

McGinn is priced from about $150 for a tank to $800 for the shearling jackets. It can be found at Nordstrom, Kitson and select Anthropologie stores.

Are you a fan of the line?


1 comment:

bench tops said...

Pretty pics! I adore that leather jacket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...