Thursday, March 11, 2010

NY Preview: Liberty of London for Target


If you're in New York and haven't already, you should stop by the Liberty of London for Target pop-up shop on 42nd St. It's a floral explosion.

As Erin mentioned in her post about Liberty of London for Target fit and sizing, I was actually pretty calm at this sale and she was freaking out over everything. Usually it's the other way around. It's a well-executed pop-up shop with wonderful merch, but I think the clothes didn't appeal to me as much as they did to Erin. For me the highlights were definitely the housewares.


Pillows, bedding, tea cups, cookie jars, piggy banks... all ridiculous cute! And for anyone trying to organize their closet, the nylon canvas-covered storage bins are great. Like Erin mentioned in her note, they're sturdy and better quality than what you would find at Ikea.


My other favorites from the Liberty of London for Target collection included the sleepwear. I loved this airy camisole and babydoll bustier top.


The bras were also super cute, but unfortunately, the quality was lacking. They felt rough to the touch, and I'm not sure how well they would hold up after a few washes. I really wanted the garters, but I would only want them with a matching bra. The swimwear on the other hand seemed pretty well-made. I wish I had a chance to try it on, but I didn't have enough time before work.

Lastly the totes and duffel bags! Of all the prints in the collection, these two were probably my favorite. There was also a wallet in the blue floral on the left and a raincoat in the yellow-green floral on the right. Looking back, I maybe should have grabbed that rain coat. Well, I do have until Saturday! Fingers crossed for my size!


Who: Liberty of London for Target Pop-Up Shop
What: Shop the collection before it debuts nationwide
When: March 10-13, 2010. Wed 11am-8pm, Thurs-Sat 9am-8pm
Where: 1095 6th Ave (at 42nd St)

1 comment:

Katness said...

Love it! I hardly have anything floral in my wardrobe and def need some for the summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...