Thursday, February 4, 2010

Preview Designs from Fall 2010

Less than 1 week left until Fashion Week and the anticipation is slowly starting to build up from the pit of my stomach. What will this fashion week bring? It's the last time the Tents will be in Bryant Park and as I see them set up for the final time I can't help but feel nostalgic for my very first Fashion Week in NYC.

Myself 3 1/2 years ago! Younger, Wide-Eyed and a very Hopeful

It was September of 2006 and it was a beautiful week! At that time I had just started my job search in a city that I would call my home and through some random luck and some of the very first friends I made in this city I was able to attend and even crash a couple shows. It woke up something inside of me that screamed, this is the reason you are here! This is New York!!! Fortunately, this season we'll have the chance to attend some shows and it will serve as a reminder why I work in the fashion industry. I have yet to pin down my fashion week schedule but I have high hopes and the promise to keep you all up too date!

For now here are some inspirations and sketches by some of our favorite designers. Hope you enjoy!

Milly
“For my fall collection, the artsy, chic girls of Paris’ Left Bank are my inspiration, in a combination of luxe fabrics, clever techniques and cool attitude.” – Michelle Smith, Designer


Rebecca Taylor
The fall 2010 collection was inspired by a mixture of 70’s Parisian attitude and an urban New York City girl. With a renewed love for classic sportswear, silhouettes have been re-worked with a twist to give subtle edge on signature feminine designs. The palette includes dusty hues and new neutrals contrasted with military olives and hints of old gold. Fabrics are washed to provide a worn, overly-loved appeal and are combined with cashmere wool suits, leopard faux furs and down quilted coats, together giving this collection an affordable luxe quality.


Tracy Reese
“An eclectic mix of urban and rural style makes for a very modern yet infinitely wearable fall 2010 collection. Rustic Prince of Wales checks, distressed faux fur and stretch suede styles are softened by cosmetic toned lingerie and made cozy by soft alpaca sweaters.” –Tracy Reese, Designer

Elie Tahari
"My fall 2010 collection is homage to the great women who traveled the globe in style." – Elie Tahari, Designer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...