Saturday, February 13, 2010

First Look: Yuna Yang FW2010


Earlier this week, Erin and I stopped by Yuna Yang's presentation at Arario Gallery on the west side. Originally from Korea, she's a newer designer. I believe this was only her second collection to date.


Yuna describes her design process as "viewing each piece as a form of art to be shared, rather than simply sold," so the gallery was the perfect place for her to hold her presentation. The space really complimented the classy and artistic feel of her collection.

While some of her pieces were more my taste than others, her collection as whole captured my attention and put Yuna Yang on my list of ones to watch.


Many of Yuna's pieces had intricate details - feminine lace and ruffles, structured pleating and boning, and lots of textures. And you know how much I love texture! I also loved her use of bright colors and prints.

I think Yuna's strengths are in evening wear and tailored daywear. I look forward to seeing more of these pieces from her!

And just a fun side note, we want to thank the wonderful people at Yuna Yang for their hospitality. The two pieces of Godiva chocolate and glasses of champagne were our Wednesday dinners! Had it not been for the sugar boost, we probably wouldn't have made it through the night. Oh, Fashion Week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...