Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Would You Wear: Grey Hair?

Sometimes on the runways there are some outrageous trends that I don't quite understand. Perhaps this one is slightly counter-intuitive and that's why I kind of like it! I mean in an industry that always embraces youth, seeing young girls with grey hair is kind of fun. Both Dior and Chanel Couture Spring 2010 had variations of the look. At Dior Couture the look was all vamp paired with red lips and cat eyeliner. At Chanel, it was more going hand in hand with the touch of silver seen throughout the collection and it ended up looking more cutesy than anything else. For me it evokes a sort of fantasy tale...a bit of Rogue in X-men or what I picture Annabeth in Percy & the Olympians to look like after book 3 (recent guilty pleasure!)

Time perhaps to embrace those streaks? Or do you think this one is too costumey to pull off?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...