Thursday, October 1, 2009

Inside: DecadesTwo Pop Up Shop


Forgive my bad pictures...haven't had a chance to pick up my camera yet and the dark lighting didn't do my camera phone justice! I got to check out the pre-opening day sale and was super excited to see what this this treasure trove of celebrity discards had in store, esp upon hearing that prices were up to 80% off retail...For better photos click here.

The sale was help in the space upstairs of the Lingerie store Kiki DeMontparnasse. I did have fun looking as I spotted some amazing pieces and loved having the chance to examine them up close and personal.

I spotted the Lanvin leopard print dress and the tri-color Lanvin dress from Spring 09! There were also plenty of Marchesa gowns and an entire table full of Chanel quilted purse variations. I spotted and Balenciaga Matelasse but I think it was around $1100.

Unfortunately, I soon learned...that 80% off doesn't go very far in the world of uber labels. The cheapest item I saw was a lime green Balenciaga tank top for $180. The shoes that I saw were mostly $270 up, but the ones I was interested in varioius Christian Louboutins were around $370-390. Manolo Blahnik snakeskin boots were around $895. All the Chanel is pretty much $1100+ including clothing and bags. Clothing for ladies was mostly cocktail or full out evening gowns. The Marchesa dress that I photographed with dip dye fringe and beaded bow was approx $1695. A Marni cloth clutch was $280 while a Pucci foldover clutch was $395. There were less shoes than pictured in the Racked photos and they were spread out underneath garment racks and not organized by size (which would have been much more helpful!). It was annoying having to stoop down the posh space to figure out that shoes would not fit me.

Most merch is in pretty pristine condition. Much of it still has the original tags. Most shoes still have their original boxes. Many purses have their original dust bag. While fun to look, my wallet said NO to everything and I decided that it was time to leave and join the realm of ordinary clothes at Uniqlo :) If you could drop a few hundred on shoes and bags or a grand plus on evening/cocktail wear, CONGRATS! this is the sale for you. Otherwise, it's slim pickings.

Who: Decadestwo Pop-up Shop
What: The famed L.A. consignment boutique coming to SoHo and will be featuring both men's and women's merch from Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and more—all at up to 80% off. On Saturday a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Baby Buggy.
When: October 2-4, 2009. Fri-Sat 11am-7pm Sun noon-5pm
Where: Kiki DeMontparnasse, 79 Greene St, (b/n Spring and Broome St) 212-965-8150.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...