Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lenka


Artist: Lenka
Recommended If You Like: Regina Spector, Ingrid Michaelson, Priscilla Ahn, Jem

Forgive me my love of girly music but my friend LD introduced me to Lenka recently and I am hooked. Lenka is actually an Australian television actress turned singer-songwriter, but don't let the actress part stop you from giving her a chance. Her self titled album launched last year and you might recognize her song "The Show" from the Old Navy commercial. My fave tracks are Trouble is a Friend, Skipalong, Dangerous and Sweet and cause it's my birthday, I'm especially feeling the song We Will Not Grow Old . Check her out on www.myspace.com/lenkamusic or download a re-mix of the track Trouble is a Friend here.

Lenka will be playing in Los Angeles on October, 29 2009 at the Hotel Cafe, unfortunately no New York dates on her tour yet!

1 comment:

shana said...

lenka and priscilla ahn is on my playlist now. love them. it's a super girly playlist. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...