Thursday, July 9, 2009

Double Vision: Couture vrs RTW

As I was looking at some of the Fall 2009 Couture collections, I noticed something interesting happening. Usually I feel like the couture shows are a jumping point for creativity and inspiration. But this time around perhaps it's just a coincidence but I really felt like couture was inspired by ready-to-wear! While the looks aren't identical, the silhouette and feeling is the same except for most part the couture looks more polished (exception being Balenciaga vrs Chanel Couture). Which version do you prefer?
Balenciaga Fall 2009, Chanel Fall Couture 2009
Balmain Fall 2009 vrs Armani Prive Fall Couture 2009

Alexander Wang Resort 2009 vrs Alexis Mabille Couture Fall 2009

Lanvin Fall 2009 vrs Armani Prive Fall Couture 2009

3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2009 vrs Givenchy Fall Couture 2009

1 comment:

Iole said...

I love balenciaga!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...