1. They're comfortable - made from Melissa's signature MELFLEX rubber which molds to your feet over time.
2. They're green - made from recycled plastic. Melissa is a sustainable Brazilian company known for exceeding Fair Trade benchmarks and being one of the most environmentally responsible companies in the world. They recycle 99.9% of the waste and water used in the production process.
3. They're cute and funky, especially the designer collaborations like Alexandre Herchcovitch and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania.
4. They're great for spring & summer. Made of plastic, they're perfect for rainy weather and the pool!
5. They're easy to clean. Just a little elbow grease and ta da, like new!
Have I sold you on them? They're not perfect, but my only real complaint is that they can be a little noisy on certain surfaces. It's a bit challenging to tread lightly in them, so so ninja sneak attacks!
You can check them out at a few New York boutiques online and in store - Epaulet and Alter in Brooklyn and Cry Wolf in East Village. They're also available online at tobi.com and eluxury.com where a few pairs are on sale.
For the most part, I think the shoes run true to size. A few pairs like the "Lady Dragon" heels are a bit narrow for me, but my feet are a bit wide. It was a sad day when I realized I wouldn't be able to own that pair.
So enough about that. Haha. Let me know if you end up getting a pair.