Friday, April 10, 2009

NYC Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival


So glad that spring is finally here! If you're around this Sunday you can celebrate at the Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival! New Yorkers embrace Spring by donning Easter attire and their wackiest hats! Some people even dress up their pets...actually not that shocking ;). I've never experienced it so I'm not sure what it's like, but I imagine it to be a fun time! Actually my roommate was telling me that she saw it in an old movie Judy Garland and didn't know that people actually still did it today! The tradition dates back to the 1800s so there is definitely staying power!

When: April 12, 2009 10am-4pm
Where: The parade begins at Fifth Ave. and 49th Street near St. Patrick's Cathedral and continues up Fifth to 55th Street. Streets closed to traffic and participants wander the streets while admiring people's Easter best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...