Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trends: Flat, Matte, No Shine Nails


In case you can't tell, I love nail polish! It's an easy way to feel like you can change your look or be experimental with your color choices without commitment. It's also pretty affordable and doesn't take up much closet space. Anyways I've been noticing alot of no shine nail polishes on the market lately thanks to KO Knock Out Cosmetics Flatte and ManGlaze Matte Nail Polish.

KO Flatte comes in a new red called Karen (ala Karen O of Yeah Yeah Yeahs), Powder Ivory, Calamine Pink, Flatte Black. ManGlaze comes in The Death Tar Black and Fuggen Ugly Grey.

Anyways as I was getting my nails done yesterday courtesy of some love OPI ladies, (YES! I love OPI, they have the best coverage, close second is Essie). I started wondering if someone would create something I would call Transformers! Nail polish that would change the way that nail polish you already owns looks. Here are some of my ideas, do you have any others?

1. Make shiny nail polish matte.
2. Make solid colors pearlized
3. Make colors look marbled
4. Make colors look lighter or deeper

Dear nail powers at OPI do you hear me??? If you do, I'd love a shade named Sugar Rock Catwalk!
xoxo Erin

2 comments:

Angela said...

Since their polishes change to a satin finish after they've been painted on for awhile, The KO people actually make a top coat that I've heard makes any nail polish matte, not just thier's. I've been obsessed with matte polish since I heard about them. Love your blog, by the way.

Karafina said...

what a great freaking idea... i hope someone does hear you! better yet, you better patent that!

if you visit my blog you can search for my "get nailed" posts.. i change my nail color and desgins every couple weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...