Friday, December 5, 2008

Sample Sale Report

New York has been utter Sample Sale Madness! There's been so many sample sales as of late that I can't even keep my head on straight. I swung by 6 sample sales on my way home from work: Rafe, Mulberry, Triple 5 Soul, Archetype Showroom, Botkier, Edun and Rogan. I'll let you know what's happening at the sales that haven't ended yet.

Rogan/Loomstate is the definate gem of all the sales I went to. The sale has been ongoing for a week so there is not much frenzy and still plenty of stock to choose from. I don't think I remember a price higher that $65 for Jackets. The Rogan Sale is located at the back of the Rogan boutique, so there are change rooms & mirrors for your convenience. Also, everything in the boutique except Rogan Premium is 50% Off! I picked up a flannel dress.

*Note: I think many of the dresses are long waisted. I am short, but don't usually have a problem with dresses and waist placement, but these need to be adjusted for me.

From what I can remember
Sweaters $40
Dresses $40
Tees $20 Loomstate & Rogan
Sweat Shirts $40
Sweat Pants $45
Puffers $50
Jackets $65
Jeans $45?

Ends Sunday
What: Rogan and Loomstate
Why: Past-season overstock, rare samples, and one-offs are up to 75 percent off.
When: Nov. 29-Dec. 7. Mon.-Sun., 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Where: 91 Franklin St., b/t Broadway & Church St., behind the Rogan shop (646-827-7554)

Archetype Showroom didn't have Lorick that I could see, but plenty of Shipley and Halmos, Eskkell, Quail, Tankus, Freemont and Bblessing. There was a small selection of 80%20 Shoes for $25 Sneakers and $50 Boots. Prices for most things seemed to range from $70-150. There were Quail Leggings for $15. I couldn't find much Digby and Iona merch.

Ends Tomorrow
Who: Archetype Showroom
What: Wholesale or less on brands like Lorick (read: Gossip Girl), Shipley & Halmos, Fremont, 80%20, Eskell, Quail, Tankus, Digby & Iona and many more
Where: 676 Broadway, 2nd Floor
When: Thursday, December 4th - Saturday, December 6th: 10am - 7pm

Botkier had a large selection of bags and shoes that were relatively well organized. Small Leather Accesories/Wallets were $75, while the starting price for bags was $100. The majority of the bags are between $150-200 and they range as high as $275. The shoes that were available ranged from $150 for flats, $175 Heels, $225? Booties and $275 for Boots. There was also a table full of damaged bags ranging in price from $75-125. Most of them had flaws ranging from ripped lining to stains and scuffs. If purchasing a damaged bag make sure you examine carefully, although I would say I think the price is still a bit too high for merchandise in this condition. Also note that if you pay in cash, traditionally the Botkier sale does not charge you tax. That said, I do love the Botkier bags that I own, they are relatively light but sturdy. Most include useful pockets for all your things and a key finder chain.

Sale Ends Sunday.
What: Botkier
Why: Delectable leather bags, riding boots, and wallets at up to 75 percent off.
When: Dec. 4-7. Thurs. & Fri., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun., noon-6 p.m.
Where: 117 Mercer St., b/t Spring & Prince Sts. (212-343-2782).


I stumbled upon the Triple 5 Soul without intending to go there, it was on my way between sales so I decided to have a peek. A wide variety of merch for a great price. I was in a hurry so I can't remember details too well but I believe hoodies were $40 or 2 for $75 and puffers were $90 or 2 for $170. They seemed to have a large selection for both men & women.

Who: Triple 5 Soul
What: Sample Sale on Fall and Holiday '08 collections
When: Dec 4-21 2008. Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat-Sun 11am-8pm
Where: 33 W 17th St. NYC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...