Monday, December 8, 2008

Falls in Love

Half of Falls design duo, Leong Ong, poses with Sid
Spotted at the Gen Art Shop NYC Event

Noticed Sid walking around Gen Art Shop NYC because I thought her pleated blouse & skirt were Über cute! Her Vera Wang boots with cut out heel were also simple but interesting. I soon discovered that her outfit was designed by Falls and she was sort of a walking advertisement. She tells me how much she loves the clothes and gushes that the amazing thing about the Falls line is that it looks great on everyone. She quickly pulled me over to introduce me to her friend, designer Leong Ong.

Leong has a very relaxed, calm manner that instantly put me at ease while he talked told us a little about himself and Falls. Leong in collaboration with Philip Leeming launched the Falls line in 2007. Leong was born in Malaysia, studied at the prestigious Central St. Martin's in England but quickly moved stateside because of his love of America fashion. Leong tried his hand at design in the corporate world at Ralph Lauren, while Philip worked at Kenneth Cole. Looking to create something more personal and less corporate lead to the birth of Falls. Falls is now a New York City based brand, but initially they began in small town High Falls, upstate New York. The High Falls not only gave them their brand name, but also inspired their design ideology of mixing nature with urban. Leong tells me how much he loves waterfalls and I agree that no matter how many times I see them, I never get over the beauty. Their love of waterfalls can be seen in the soft cascading ruffles or flowing ties in so many of their designs.

Here are some of my favorite looks from their Holiday 2008 Collection. The cardigans in light weight cashmere with pointelle are feminine but practical. I could picture the below cardigan easily becoming a wardrobe essential for any girl. The blouses are sweet but not precious while maintaining a modern quality that is elegant but a little bit sexy too.



You can buy Falls at Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Steven Alan and Castor & Pollux. Also available online at Revolve Clothing, Lisa Kline or Saks Fifth Avenue.

Are you ready to Fall for Falls?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...