Monday, October 13, 2008

Underground Style

Bernadette, Special Projects @ Free Arts
Spotted on the Downtown Q track at 42nd Street

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bright red beanie on a monochromatic outfit. I'm a sucker for stripes and her trapeze dress was perfectly paired with a shrunken blazer and utilitarian boots. Modern take on grunge done right!

"I was checking out your outfit" I say
"I was checking yours out too!" She says

Soon I discovered that Bernadette works for Free Arts. I was a little suprised because I have actually volunteered there before and it's a totally worthwhile cause. Free Arts is a volunteer-based nonprofit established to bring the healing power of the arts to children and families who face poverty, homelessness, and other risk factors. They are about bringing creativity and hope directly into the communities where there is the greatest need. They do this through Free Arts Days and Weekly Mentorship programs. Click the link to find out more about volunteering at Free Arts. Why? Because volunteering is always in style!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...