Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The National Loves Obama


Artist: The National
Recommended If You Like: My Morning Jacket, British Sea Power, R.E.M, Interpol

In spirit of tonight's debates, I'm wearing an Obama "Mr. November" t-shirt. I love this shirt for obvious reasons and because it's a smile to my fellow music nerds. "Mr. November" is a song from one of my favorite bands, The National.

A brooklyn-based indie band, The National won me over back in 2005 when their album Alligator hit college radio. I love their sound, mellow yet powerful and dark yet warm.

They're playing in Cincinnati, Ohio tomorrow for Vote-Ohio.net and will be in Brazil later this month. They're an amazing live band, so if you ever get the chance to see them, do it. I leave you with the video for "Mistaken For Strangers", a track off their most recent release, Boxer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...