Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The National Loves Obama

Artist: The National
Recommended If You Like: My Morning Jacket, British Sea Power, R.E.M, Interpol

In spirit of tonight's debates, I'm wearing an Obama "Mr. November" t-shirt. I love this shirt for obvious reasons and because it's a smile to my fellow music nerds. "Mr. November" is a song from one of my favorite bands, The National.

A brooklyn-based indie band, The National won me over back in 2005 when their album Alligator hit college radio. I love their sound, mellow yet powerful and dark yet warm.

They're playing in Cincinnati, Ohio tomorrow for and will be in Brazil later this month. They're an amazing live band, so if you ever get the chance to see them, do it. I leave you with the video for "Mistaken For Strangers", a track off their most recent release, Boxer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...