Thursday, November 8, 2012

Falling for Orange and Red

I'm DJing at The Bedford Chicago again this Saturday, November 10th. I'll be spinning 80s classics, indie favorites, and as always, a little disco! Come warm up with a drink and maybe some dancing!

The poster for this Saturday is another work of art by Austin Eustice.  I usually gravitate towards cooler colors like blues, greens and purples, but since spring I've been having a love affair with oranges.  And this fall I've added reds into the mix, so in collaborating on this flier, I asked Austin to look use a palette of oranges and reds.  The poster is great isn't it?

Poster by Austin Eustice

Oranges and reds have been making their way into my closet.  Most recently, I was gifted a pair of faded cherry red jeans.  I never thought I could get into anything resembling pink, but these jeans have changed my mind.  I've worn these skinny jeans almost every other week.

Hudson Nico Skinny Jeans, $100 (retail $154)
Worn with old Theory flats (similar) on left. Right. Worn with vegan leather peplum last time I was at The Bedford on right.


I've been eyeing a few orange and red pieces at Piperlime.  They've always on trend and carry brands at every price point.  And there's a pretty great sale right now- extra 15% off already marked down items with code "EXTRA15" at checkout.
Parker Button Pocket Silk Top, $111.19 + 15% off (retail $187)

Trina Turk Stewart Ponte Peplum, $261.99 + 15% off (retail $328)


Theory Nabiki Straight Pant, $127.99+ 15% off (retail $255) 


Dolce Vita Jamison, $79.99 + 15% off (retail $119)

Kate Spade Licorice, $179.99 + 15% off (retail $298)

Minkpink Cheetah Pullover, $89 (not on sale, but I love it!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...