Artwork by Austin Eustice
For the end of summer, I recorded a collection of my favorite disco songs - some old, some new. As I put them together I thought about my favorite summer nights and how some were long enough to become summer mornings.
This mix is a perfect reflection of how I've been feeling lately. I've been doing a lot of day dreaming and reflecting, especially as I approach my one year anniversary in Chicago.
My year hasn't been without adversities and challenges, but in the grand scheme I couldn't be happier. My closet is full of beautiful florals, cosmic prints, and statement heels, and I'm now DJing every weekend! My residencies include Paris Club and The Bedford, and I had a few in-stores at Topshop on Michigan Ave.
1. Gorillaz, Empire Ants (Miami Horror Remix)
2. Kutcorners, Summer Song
3. Patrice Rushen, Never Gonna GIve You Up (Shield Your Eyes Rework)
4. Giorgio Moroder, I Wanna Rock You
5. Escort, Caméleon Chameleon (Club Remix)
6. Only Children, Down Fever
7. Mtume, So You Wanna Be A Star (Kid Color Edit)
8. Moon Boots, Sugar
9. ColeCo, Ricky Smiley
10. Perseus, Seychelles
11. Mitzi, Morning Light (Softwar Remix)
12. Idris Muhammad, Could Heaven Ever Be Like This (Noel Marc Deep Disco Remix)
13. Tensnake, Coma Cat
14. Flight Facilities, Foreign Language feat Jess (Beni Remix)
15. Eli Escobar feat. Nomi Ruiz, Desire
16. Laid Back, White Horse
17. Neighborhood Romeo, Laura Winslow
18. Metro Area, Miura
19. Anna Lunoe & Touch Sensitive, Real Talk
20. Pharao Black Magic feat. Ghostape, Hermes
21. Chilly Gonzales, Knight Moves
22. Misun, My Time (Cousin Cole Remix)
Now that it's started to cool down, I've been biking and mopeding around town. Yes, moped. I recently bought a moped with the help of my good friend Mikey. I'm living out my urbanite dreams!
Photos by Flow Johnson