Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Product Review: Clarisonic Mia 2

A few weeks ago, I was walking around 5th Ave when I noticed the Clarisonic Mia 2 on display.  Up until that point I have never heard about the device but based on what my friend told me about it, I made the purchase.  The product has amazing reviews and everyone my friend knew who has one absolutely loves it.  To sum it up, it's a electronic face brush that vibrates and helps remove dirt, makeup, oil and and dead skin. After contemplating for 30 minutes I decided to bite the bullet and pick one up at Sephora.  At $149 (for the Mia 2), it's not the cheapest thing on the market but I ain't getting any younger! I just kept telling myself to consider this as an investment...an investment for my face.
After making my purchase I ran home to try it out - only to find out that you need to charge the unit for 24 hours prior to the first use!  The unit itself comes in a few colors but I opted for white.  The Mia 2 comes with a travel case, brush head (to be replaced every 3-4 months), and charger.  One of the great things about this device is that it's cordless so once it's charged you can take it wherever - be it the sink or shower.  For me that was an added bonus, since I wash my face in the shower. 

After charging the unit for about an hour I got uber impatient (surprise surprise) and decided to give it a go - and here's the results (before and after shot from the very first time I used the product)...
Before
After

I was honestly floored after the first use because I could actually see the difference - which is rare with skin products. AMAZING.  The most noticeable thing was the evenness of my complexion and how soft my skin was after and how clean it felt.  I kept touching my face afterwards! I've been using the Mia 2 now for a few weeks and I am completely sold.  Other people have commented on how great my skin looks without me even mentioning anything about using the Mia 2, so I know it's working!

One of the great things about the brush is that you can use any face wash you want - just apply to the brush head (or all over your face prior to using the brush which I find works better) and you're set to go.  The Mia 2 has a built in timer and each use lasts for 60 seconds (20 seconds for your forehead, 20 for your chin, and 10 for each cheek).  The brush makes beeping noises so you know when to move to the next area. It just takes a minute (or two if you use it twice) a day to have cleaner radiant skin.  Easy peasy!

Honestly, this gadget is worth every penny and if you want to try it out, I recommend picking it up at Sephora - they have an amazing return policy so if you don't like it after testing it out you can return it! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had been planning to pick one up as a birthday present for myself. Going to grab one during lunch today.

Jeffo said...

You're going to love it! I seriously can't say enough about this product.

-jeff

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff! I did pick up teh Mia 2 last week and love it. My skin is looking great in just 5 days. I have noticed that my oily t zone is not as oily any more.

s

Jeffo said...

That's awesome! glad you love it just as much as i do!

Unknown said...

For anybody who needs a clean and swish skin, you would like to try Clarisonic. The health and the sweetness of our facial skin are terribly important to be maintained. When we have a tendency to meet individuals and involve in society, the primary factor that will be seen by people is our face. It may be a common truth that healthy and bright facial skin can create our socialize activity become easier. the wbsite attempt to offer the Reviews of Clarisonic , Price list, Discount supply, Ratings and Related info on Clarisonic products,

clarisonic mia|Tinani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...