Friday, November 11, 2011

Brooklyn Love: Industry of One

My last week in New York amongst the madness of packing to move and fashion week, I did a photo shoot with Industry of One, a new lifestyle blog that documents the relationship between one's line of work and walk of life. It's a lovely and fun way to learn a bit about other industries and crafts; the photography is absolutely stunning.

The site launch last week, and the photos and writeup both made me a blush a bit. I feel so lucky to have been one of the first features. I really had a great time with the dynamic duo behind the site. They're a Brooklyn-based couple, a lady with an eye for style and a gentleman who's mastered the art of visual storytelling. They're incredibly sweet and genuinely interested in people's stories, and you can see in their work.

Here are some outtakes from my shoot with Industry of One. All of the pictures were taken in my old neighborhood - Williamsburg, Brooklyn off the L train.  These photos along with the ones that made into the feature give me a bit of nostalgia. My neighborhood was far from glamourous and at times a bit questionable, but the photography makes it look a bit enchanting, doesn't it?
Gray dress - Costello Tagliapietra
Landscape print jacket - Timo Weiland
Yellow woven belt - Urban Outfitters
Ring - Lee Angel

Polka dot blouse - Wintercheck Factory "Helen" (made in Brooklyn & on sale)
Floral skirt - secondhand
Gray bag - gifted Katherine Kwei "Lulu"

Green & tan dress - My Pet Square
Necklaces - gifted Sorrelli "Metal Teardrop" & "Planed Globe"
Rings & bracelets - Monserat De Luca, Forever 21, Sorreli, no name & Lee Angel
Blue boots - Swedish Hasbeens (on sale for almost half price)
Nail polish - Butter London

Black crossbody - Hayden-Harnett
Top, skirt and booties - secondhand


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...