Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Now Wearing…

IMAG1967
Sorry for the delay in outfit posts but  I guess I'm still recovering from travelling, NYFW, my birthday and all the chaos that every September brings into my life.  Here is another look from probably my busiest day in Stockholm.  I woke up at the crack of dawn for a busy day that would have me visit a multitude of sites.  Since comfort was key I wore sandals and since I knew I’d be heading to an amusement park before the day was over I wore some fun graphic pants I picked up earlier in the week at Swedish high street chain Monki.  Although I mixed a variety of prints I stayed in the black, white and tan category to prevent looking overwhelming.  I popped the monochromatic palette with a bright red scarf.
IMAG1968Strappy Gladiator Sandals – Delman

Graphic Ikat Pants – Monki

Striped Sweater – Forever 21

Houndstooth Pony Pouchette – Rebecca Minkoff

Chain Necklace – DIY

Tortoise Sunglasses – Isaac Mizrahi

Leather Jacket – Jodi Arnold

IMAG1908

I started off at the Vasa museum - to see the world’s oldest / best preserved war ship.  It was apparently built in the 1600s and sunk within 20 minutes of it’s maiden voyage.  It was only recently recovered in the 1900s and after many years to preserve the ship the museum opened it’s doors in 1990.  Seeing it up close evoked fantasies of what life would be like in a war time seafaring nation.IMAG1876IMAG1884IMAG1886IMAG1892IMAG1915IMAG1939IMAG1941

Headed next to Skansen – Sweden in miniature with traditional buildings and farmsteads brought together from all over the county complete with wild animals native to Sweden.  There are guides present dressed in traditional costumes who were actively participating in ancient traditions from dying/spinning wool to using a loom to create fabric.IMAG1942IMAG1952IMAG1966IMAG1975IMAG1990IMAG2001IMAG2002IMAG1997

One of the historical allotment huts I saw made me realize perhaps NYC apartments are not so tiny afterall.

IMAG0013IMAG0034

After being steeped in tradition, I was brought back to modern times by the sounds of steel at Gröna Lund.  Although I can easily get motion sick I couldn’t resist a chance to ride the swings and float over the Baltic Sea while catching some of the best views of Stockholm available.

IMAG0035IMAG0036IMAG0037

I ended my busy day with a Ferry Ride to Slussen where I had a delicious lobster dinner at Patricia – a restaurant/night club on a boat.IMAG0039

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...