Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Now Wearing…

IMAG1826
While I was in Sweden I had the opportunity to visit the UNESCO world heritage site, Skogskyrkogården – The Woodland Cemetery.  Since I have been very fortunate in my life thus far, I actually haven’t really visited any cemeteries before and in my mind they became someplace to be avoided and as a child I would even hold my breath in the car as I drove by.  However in later years a friend of mine would tell me about the beauty and the reality that before public parks existed, cemeteries were one of the only public green spaces that people would go to visit.
IMAG1835
I have to tell you that as I walked in the midst of trees in the tranquility of the morning I almost forgot where I was.  The scenery couldn't be prettier, the air couldn't be fresher and there was a stillness that made you feel like you hit pause on life.  Skogskyrkogården features so many tree that at times you feel like you are wandering in a forest and the gravestones just become a part of nature and look perfectly at place nestled between the trees.  And soon I was breathing deeply and enjoying the fresh air  but it didn't stop me from threading lightly while exploring.  A while later we stumbled upon the marker for one of the most beautiful and recognizable Swedish women who ever lived,  Greta Lovisa Gustafsson aka Greta Garbo.
IMAG1839
Leather Biker Jacket – Jodi Arnold
Rhinestone & Mesh Necklace – Courtesy of Sorrelli
Floral Slip Dress -  H&M via Clothing Swap
Mesh Overlay Dress – No Name via Housing Works All You Can Stuff
Leggings – Target
Buckle Boots – Belle by Sigerson Morrison
Houndstooth Pony Pouchette – Courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff
IMAG1830IMAG1841IMAG1846IMAG1850IMAG1860IMAG1854IMAG1855IMAG1861
After spending the morning in serenity, I returned to Stockholm’s Södermalm district and SoFo for some shopping at Beyond Retro, Acne, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair, Grandpa and ended up spending most of my time spent perusing the racks at Lisa Larsson, a veritable treasure trove of vintage merchandise.
Since walking and shopping all day awoke my appetite, I sat down for a hearty meal of a very traditional Swedish food at the Hilton started by a tasting platter of salmon prepared in 4 different ways and moving on to homemade meatballs, mashed potatoes and lingonberry jelly while overlooking a beautiful view of the Slussen area.  How every day seemed to fly and before I knew it, night fell again and it was time to head home and work on my Lucky Brand denim project - hand sewing for a few hours before starting in tourist mode again the next day.
IMAG1863IMAG1868IMAG1740IMAG1870

2 comments:

Anna G said...

Swedish food looks so delish. I love visiting historical sites. The graveyard reminds of something out of novel.

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...