Monday, July 18, 2011

The Lucky Magazine Summer Jam

Lucky Summer JamLucky Summer Jam (1)

Top Left photo Courtesy of Shot by Jake

A couple weeks ago I had the chance to hang out with some of the fabulous editors of Lucky Magazine for some tropical cocktails and have my style rated by The Bumbys at Elsa in the East Village. The scene was cheerful and fun with cocktails complete with mini umbrellas, neon wayfarer style sunnies and jumbo party balloons with streamers from Geronimo setting the scene.

Lucky Summer Jam (3)Lucky Summer Jam (11)Lucky Summer Jam (4)

Since I was more than a little nervous to have my style rated I took my time sipping my delicious cucumber ginger Pimm’s & Gin cocktail and snacking on tasty light bites from Radish – including some radishes!  I got to spend some time with some of my fave bloggers including Dina of Eye4Style, Sarah of StyleIT, Nubia of Nubia’s Nonsense and Sara of Farpitz.

Lucky Summer Jam (16)Lucky Summer Jam (15)

So The Bumbys are an anonymous duo who promise to give you a fair and honest appraisal of your appearance.  They wear wigs and cover their identities with scarves and sunglasses. They call themselves Gill and Jill and they type furiously on an old school typewriter so all that you can hear is the clickety clackety noises of typing as you stand and they take their time staring at you and anxiously await your verdict.

Since I don’t normally like to be judged I was a little afraid of the outcome but it turned out that my fears were needless as Gill and Jill are actually the type of people that build you up rather than tear you down.  They focus on the positive and uplift you with whimsy and humor.  After having my appearance appraised by Jill, I decided to see what Gill thought too.  Seems that they are consistent because they both commented on my hair accessories and gave me the same marks!  Thanks to The Bumbys for an adorable and memorable experience.

Lucky Summer Jam (12)Lucky Summer Jam (2)

Turns out I wasn’t the only curious one and soon the line to see The Bumbys was quite a bit longer than when I first nervously made my way forward.  We all had a blast sharing our cards with each other and giggling at the cuteness of the words they wrote.  Thanks to Lucky Magazine for a wonderful night and a fun mid-week escape!

Lucky Summer Jam (9)Lucky Summer Jam (6)

1 comment:

jun said...

Where's a pic of your outfit, dear? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...